We are excited to provide a free Smartphone APP for Smith County, designed to help save lives!
Vital ICE is an In Case of Emergency APP provided to the community by Sanderson Funeral Homes than can help save lives. Vital ICE is a mobile platform for users to list their vital health information, emergency contacts, and more. EMS and other first responders can access this APP in emergencies.
Vital ICE can be further utilized as a communication tool, with push notifications from emergency first responders that can be sent from any computer.
Go to http://www.vitalboards.com/vitalice to download the APP. Use unique key code <2118> to give you access to Vital ICE, the life-saving APP.
The Vital ICE APP contains:
- A robust database of your medical information, easily accessible by emergency first responders.
- First aid treatment protocol for 16 common emergencies, which provides assistance when EMS is not present.
- Dependent information, which provides EMS with additional family information in certain situations.
- The ability to call 911 and sound an audible alarm from within the APP, saving first responder’s time locating you.
- A function in which your medical information can be emailed to any email address, which can assist in communication with ER’s.
- Access to important push notifications from participating EMS/FD, which can provide important local emergency instructions when needed.
- A process to backup/restore data to and from your Dropbox account, keeping data from having to be re-entered after upgrades.
- Text message sending capabilities that send to emergency contacts with your location on a map, alerting contacts that you have been involved in an emergency and to call 911.
- Photos of insurance cards to keep them handy for medical personnel.
- Reminders for scheduled medication, physician, and immunizations (recurring and one-time).
For further instructions on setting up the APP, click here for a complete tutorial Vital Ice Setup Guide.